Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In The Beginning

Brandon and Stephen had moved on to Montera Middle School.  Tyler and Kristen were still at Montclair Elementary School.  I was at the school all the time as President of the PTA.  I thought I noticed my right leg dragging a little, walking across the playground to the parking lot.  I thought it might be my imagination because it didn't happen consistently.  After a while I noticed my right thigh was numb.  It was such a bizarre feeling.  Brandon came home from school one day and said "Hey Mom, I bet you have Multiple Sclerosis!  We had an assembly at school today and it sounds like it."  I poo-pooed it and told him he would no longer be attending assemblies at school.

Remember Richard Simmons, the Oldies Exercise Guru?  I challenged Stephen and Brandon to do an exercise tape of his, with me, because I didn't feel they got enough exercise doing all their video games.  They accepted the challenge thinking it would be easy.  I honestly don't remember if the tape was easy for the boys, or not, or even if we finished the tape.  I only remember that I could not raise my right leg very much and my right arm seemed a little weak also.  I went for a physical and mentioned these possible weaknesses to her.  She referred me to my Neurologist.  After an examination, my Neurologist said I could possibly have Multiple Sclerosis but that I had to have a spinal tap to rule it out or confirm it.  That was fun.

1 comment:

  1. Man I'm a good diagnoser! I didn't remember that. (Nor will I ever confess to working out to a Richard Simmons video...). Great blog Mom, I'm glad you're starting it. And nice theme/background!

    ReplyDelete